Jan Pro - Jan-pro Ripped me OFF.

20 of 20 Jan Pro Reviews
Mar 02, 2009

I got ripped off by jan-pro just like so many other people.I to fell for there Deceit, Fraud, and Misrepresentations.

I was given undervalued accounts that payed less than minimum wage! I was given accounts that belonged to previus people. only one of my accounts was a new account.

They take out 18.7% from your paycheck.However if you finance part of your plan then they take out 26%.Many people have told me that they take accounts for no good reason.Then they would give them to the new people coming in.Now they collect money from two different people from one account.I have met people who did not get there business plans completed.After a certain amount of time they are supose to get there money back but they never do.

I was finally sick and tired of making less than minimum wage.I was averaging $5.00 an hour.I tried geting my money back but they told me that if I didnt like it I could just turn in all of my accounts.I was told that I would loose all of my investments and get nothing back.

At the end of every month when I would go to pick up my paycheck.I noticed that other people were either very angry or very sad.Eventually we all got together and and we started seeking legal action.We are now part of a National Class Action Lawsuit.People from all over the country have joined this lawsuit.If you would like to talk to me feel free to call me 909-684-1837.You can also visit my attorneys website ar www.prle.com

60fc202
Review #145872
I had the same issue 0
Had an experience with Jan Pro?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Teardrop

Jun 09 Seattle, Washington

Yes, I was one of the few that has been ripped off by Jan-Pro this was Jan-Pro of New Mexico, Albuquerque. It sounds like a lot of us have been done the same way no matter what state we are from, Jan-Pro will give you work just to take it away when your about ready to pay it off or find a reason to give it to another franchisee owner so they can get paid two times for one account. I was with Jan-Pro for a year had up to 14 accounts, in that year I never got a check that was over $200/$300 dollars Jan-Pro was getting over $4,000 dollars a mouth off of me the accounts I had the longest they started taking back even when the customers loved my work. When I got feed up with there *** and lies I told Jan-Pro I wanted out and wanted to sell, they told me I had nothing coming, NO MONEY and that I should just give my accounts up and go and maybe come back at a later date to get ripped off some more it wasn't a rip off it was a raping they rape me for all my money and then would tell me they would give me an advance of a few hundreds dollars with interest until my next check so they could take more from me. Now I owe them more money, I worked my *** off 24/7 for a year and never got *** out of Jan-Pro there Pros at ripping off good hard working people that are trying to have their own business. DO NOT GO INTO BUSINESS WITH JAN-PRO OF NEW MEXICO , based out of Albuquerque or Rio Rancho New Mexico my name is Phil if anyone that can get with me about the Class Action law Suite please... Show more

0 1 Reply
CleaningPro

May 08, 2013

I feel for everyone of you that have been taken advantage of but I have to inquire as to why a person would become a franchisee of a cleaning business at any rate? With the startup costs being as low as they can be and with "sweat equity" as the marketing plan, you can certainly attract enough clientele to start a profitable business. Their isn't a ton of meat on the bone in the cleaning business after taxes, business expenses, and any other miscellaneous overhead even without giving 18 to 26 percent to the Franchise. Of course their is nothing left to be made, it all went to Jan Pro, that was your profit margin. Add to your franchisee percentage your wage percentage and you'd be staring at a fairly attractive margin for the cleaning business, one that allows you to grow, invest, and hire. So again my heart goes out to all you entrepreneurs that were sucked into this company, I have not only heard nothing but bad about them but am becoming every busier because of their lack of concern and care for their accounts.

know_it_well

Jul 23, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM JANPRO OF NORTHEAST FLORIDA IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA!! NOT ONLY DO THEY RIP OFF US FRANCHISE OWNERS, BUT THEY WONT GIVE US THE TIME OF DAY IF WE NEED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE URGENTLY. THEY ALWAYS SAY THAT SOMEONE WILL CALL BACK BUT THEY NEVER DO. THE OWNER ELLEN, IS ALSO CRAZY! SHE TREATS HER NICE EMPLOYEES LIKE GARBAGE AND ALWAYS FINDS SOME REASON TO FIRE THEM! ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO REALLY WORKED HARD AND WERE REALLY NICE AND HELPFUL. IT'S SO SAD TO SEE GOOD PEOPLE GET TREATED SO BADLY AND DISRESPECTFULLY BY SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE "GOOD" HER LAUGH ITSELF, SOUNDS EVIL AND SHE ALWAYS FINDS A WAY TO MAKE AN EXCUSE NOT TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN! HOPEFULLY SHE WILL REAP WHAT SHE SOWS ONE DAY!! I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE INVESTING WITH THIS LADY AND JANPRO! BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! PEOPLE!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME INVESTING WITH JANPRO IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA OR ANY JANPRO IN THE U.S.!!! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY AND BE TREATED LIKE ***! :(

Jun 22, 2012

I just heard that the FBI went to the Jan-pro Offices in Ohio. Can someone call me. I want to confirm this.I'm a lead plaintiff. I to got ripped-off by jan-pro.

Jerry
909-684-1837

May 11, 2012

What you can do to get Justice.

Near the back of your franchise disclosure document there is a section that contains a List of Former Franchisees.

Step 1 – Call everyone on this list and talk to them ad tell them your store, they will tell you their reason for leaving Franchisor, you must all ban together.

Step 2 – Then call all radio and television broadcasting stations near all you and tell them your story, one of them will want it exclusive and they will broadcast it.

Step 3 – Get a transcripts from both radio and television broadcasts, and yes get a video from television broadcast too.

Step 4 – Find a attorney that will take your case without putting any money down as he will see he can get paid when he wins your case.

Oct 27, 2011

I had someone call me a few days ago and I had some phone problems.Please call me again your message was not recorded well because my phone was malfunctioning. Please call me again. I can give you a copy of the National class action lawsuit and more information on this jan-pro case.
Jerry
909-684-1837

raped by allison

Aug 18, 2011

this is the worst cleaning company in colombus ohio they will take a contract from you and give it to someone else just to fulfill there package ...they are crooks and there company wont be around too much longer.

AM Cleaning

Jun 27, 2011

I was just ripped off in a buiding this week.. i had good report so far. But they call me this week telling me that i needed to turn in the keys,if not i was gonna be a figutive of the state. JUST A WARNING THIS IS A BAD INVESTMENT...

still quite happy

Jun 22, 2011

I started with Jan-Pro 3 years ago. I had previously worked as an owner/operator of a wanna-be-big franchise for 7 years. I was royally ripped off, lost my car and almost lost my house! I knew how profitable this type of business can be when I first met with Jan-Pro. The contract was quite easy to understand, and I was able to get going with what they called "sweat equity". In other words, I would make payments instead of the entire amount for the franchise up front. Yes, I have lost some accounts and gained others over the years, but that is the way of the business. I have several accounts that stayed with me when I left the first franchise for Jan-Pro, and they are still with me today. As with everything in life, there are always bad apples that will spoil it for the rest of us, and those who want to get everything for nothing. And that applies to both clients and franchisees, alike! Some customers think you are only worth minimum wage, and expect you to spend twice as much time doing extra work than was originally agreed upon. Also, some cleaners expect not to have to work hard, and make the same money as a lawyer does. This is not easy work, nor is it glamorous, BUT, it has enabled me to buy a nice house, work a flexible schedule, spend lots of time with my family, and still be able to enjoy life! If you are looking for a way to make an investment and get some easy money, this is probably not for you. But, if you work hard, AND smart, you can get some good accounts, and... Show more

pedro mendez

Feb 04, 2011

terrible company horrible service and arrogance

pedro mendez

Feb 04, 2011

terrible company horrible service and arrogance

abc

Oct 01, 2010

I'm a janpro franchisee for 3 yrs. So far so good. loose a few accounts due to recession but they replace some of them if I lost within 1 year and as long as I have a good customer rating. Some of my accounts underpaid, and some of them overpaid. I let go the super annoying customers. what I agree is we only a cleaner, and janpro is the boss. we do the work. Sometimes, I feel like a sandwich, pressed by customer on 1 side and pressed by jan pro from the other side. A few times I also argued with the owner. But so far I'm still survive and I don't know until when. I hope I'll find another good business soon.

HisDoulos

Sep 14, 2010

Like the long list of disappointed ex-Jan-Pro Franchises, here is my lessons learned for the benefit of anybody considering investing.

1. Read the contract thoroughly and determine the actual income i.e understand every monthly recurring deduction, banking fees, Insurance fees, WSIB fees plus the cost of operating which includes travel time, material for cleaning, storage of material, training and one time starter kit. Consider all these factors and determine what you will actually get as income, the amount for me was close to minimum wage.

2. Understand that it will take at least 2 to 3 years to break even and you will start making close to minimum wage income after a minimum of 2 years.

3. Important note if you decide to "close the business" you are slapped with administrative transfer fees of a minimum of $1000/=. During sign-on they never mention to this to you and bring this up when you decide to quit.

4. Jan Pro sometimes brings undervalued bids, this lead to you to over work to get client satisfied. My experience is that Jan-Pro will pass on the loss of account to you and will not easily respond to replace this account.

5. The sales pitch by Jan Pro is to sell you the Franchise as “Owner / Operator” but in my experience you are just the cleaner and the master franchisor controls every aspect of your business and keep you in the dark.

Bottom line – This Franchise is a low
... Show more

Thinking of franchising

Sep 10, 2010

I read reviews on jan pro and jani king, I understand some of you feel ripped off but i dont see anything specific. excuse me if i am wrong but can someone please provide your business plan and how jan pro failed you? I recently came into a lot of money and wanna invest it wisely. thanks

Sep 01, 2010

Jan-pro is a Scam. Jan-pro has been exposed on Television. A few months ago jan-pro was exposed on Telemundo chanel 52 on a spanish program called "Al Rojo Vivo" with reporter Maria Celeste. On the program many women came out and told there stories on how jan-pro had ripped them off. One lady said that her check bounced and when they went to the jan-pro office to let them know jan-pro got mad and kicked them out.

Jan-pro is curently being sued in a National Class Action Lawsuit.I'm also involved in the lawsuit. Ever since I posted my phone number I have received over 100 calls from people who want to also join the lawsuit. I have received calls from people in 25 diferent states including the country of Canada. Some people have already started there own lawsuits.

A Judge curently compared a cleaning franchisor to that of a Modified Ponzi Scheme.

You can also read a recent article that came out in www.Franchisetimes.com the name of the article is "Taking off the Gloves"

If you have been ripped off by jan-pro there is several things that you can do.

1. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision www.Ftc.gov

2. www.llrlaw.com

... Show more

Gold

Aug 27, 2010

To bad some of U had bad experience with that franchise, I've been franchisee for a year and never experienced tricky situation with them. Must say I've looked at every word of their contract and inform myself on local master franchise before buying.

Raped by jan-pro

Aug 17, 2010

I was taken by jan-pro in Houston! Rebecca the half owner took all my accounts when I started to complain about working for less than 5 bucks an hour, when I gave them 8000 to buy into the their franchise. I also gave them another 1500 for the startup kit. They always find away to tkae money from you, and they always beat you for a few hundred on payday! It is a scam the only one making money is rebecca and her brother the slave-drivers. You work for them, and not yourself! It is a scam! feel free to call me if you are thinking about buying into this company 832-507-1096

use to

Aug 17, 2010

I was a manager at janpro and I can tell you that each owner/team can be different. At our office we never took an account without the customer requiring it or a threat of cancellation due to poor service by the franchisee. However, I have scene the numbers from both sides and even if all things were equal this is a very bad investment. The few that make it work were generally illegals who had few other options to work.

Luis

Jul 01, 2010

I'm sorry to learn so many people feel this way. I started with Jan-Pro in Jan 2010. It is good so far. I lost an account because contract expired and they wanted to do somthing else. I may not like their fees and some of the contract language, but I knew before I signed what to expect. I don't think anybody can take your account away, if the customer is happy.

R.D

Jun 29, 2010

:( I'm 500% agree with every 1. I'm also a victim. Because of them I've been struggling for last 3 years. Because they ripped me off too. :(

Showing 1-20 of 29 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Jan Pro.
Filing a new complaint about
×